Negotiations on Brexit continue and as no-one is sure what the outcome will be, there are a lot of insecurities for European and British retailers. How will it affect their business, and what can they do to protect it?
GS1UK created a no-deal preparedness list that helps you think of the vital actions to think of and make sure that your business is ready for a worst-case scenario.
Think about the following for your business:
- Consider warehousing and stockpiling
- Hedge on currency
- Brief logistics companies and hauliers in advance
- Determine the responsibility of declarations
- Consider marketing standard changes
- Read up on chemical regulation procedures
- Prepare for food label changes
- Data protection compliance
- Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) numbers
Find a point by point explanation on the website of GS1UK here, and make sure your business is ready for Brexit.