E-commerce represents 42 percent of PostNL's turnover

May 14, 2018 by
Romy Piepenbrock

Postnl Artikel CBMDutch postal company PostNL experiences that e-commerce is becoming a more important turnover factor every year. Last year, e-commerce logistics was responsible for 34 percent. This percentage increased by 8 percent this year, to a total of 42 percent of the total revenue.

According to PostNL, the company’s performance in the first quarter of 2018 was below the first quarter of the year before. However, the revenue in Q1 was five million euros more than it was in the same period last year. PostNL generated 875 million euros in revenue in the first three months of 2018. In general, PostNL says to be satisfied with the situation and they look forward to the future.

The Dutch company expects that half of the turnover will be related to e-commerce in 2020. CEO of the postal company, Herna Verhagen, says the following words about the subject: "We continue to make good progress in our transformation to be the supplier of postal and logistics solutions in the Benelux. Currently, 42 percent of our revenue is now related to e-commerce, which shows that we are on track to our 2020 ambition of more than 50 percent."

PostNL showed strong volume growth in the parcel division. They say this volume growth is a good reflection of their solid position in the postal market of the Benelux.


Salesupply opens a second fulfillment center in Dorsten, Germany!
By Salesupply - Salesupply opened a new e-commerce fulfillment location in Dorsten, Germany. Salesupply has been fulfilling from Germany already, but the steadily rising demand required expansion with a second location....
February 20, 2023
International logistics: Keys to the development of a successful logistics process!
By Brian York - With the impending growth of globalization, not only has the world had to update, but so have businesses and retailers. These changes have changed not only...
February 18, 2023
CUT’IT!™ EVO The Perfect Packaging Fit Revolution!
Ranpak has consolidated itself as one of the world’s leading sustainable packaging companies.  Its wide range of 100% recyclable packaging materials and automated packaging solutions has earned them considerable success...
January 17, 2023
Top crossmenu

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.